Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, at least for those in the Society for Creative Anachronism. We enter the year LXII anno societatis. This also marks a SCA anniversary for myself as well. It was 24 years ago tonight that I went to my frist SCA event. It was a May Day celebration in what is now the Kingdom of the Outlands. I was a theatre major checking out a possible school when I saw this guy in a Shakespeare-looking costume cross the green. So I catch up to him and ask him, "Are you in a play?" I mean if I could go see good theatre that would be fantastic. Alas, no play was showing. He was in some medieval club, but hey! he invited me to come. So I did. And I haven't been the same since. :)

So on this glorious May Day I am busy baking cookies and other sweets for the Shire of Phoenix Glade's fundraiser luncheon at Meridies' Crown List this coming weekend, working on two letters of invitation to their event for the Crown (and Heirs) and trying to finish up a new underdress and apron. Nothing major. (Oh yeah and be a mother and make dinner and lunches and settle arguments between children and keep the cats from walking across pen and paper and untangle them from cloth and string.)

No comments: