Friday, August 10, 2007

Ok so it's been a month

Or more since I last posted. Sorry, just been busy and this is the blog that gets neglected. This month I have managed to make about a dozen original scrolls for the Crown of Meridies, a new kirtle, apron, kerchief and chemise, helped make peach mead, went to RUM (Royal University of Meridies) where I taught a class called An Overview of Hats, and recieved our kingdom's A&S award, which was really cool.

Aside from that most of what I have been doing is getting ready for a new homeschooling year (see our homeschool blog , knitting (check my knitting blog Knit Stuffs), and trying to stay out of the miserable heat (we have been having record temperatures well over 100°F with heat indeces at over 110°F!) I envy the 68°F that Portland was having yesterday while we were sweltering. It doesn't help the electric bill either when it is this hot. It's triple what we pay in the winter as we don't run the heater then.

Things are wrapping up nicely for the event. And I will begin shopping soon (probably next weekend as there weren't any great sales for what I need.) I'm glad that I budgeted using non-sale prices. Hopefully next week there will be some good prices on meats which will greatly help with my budget. I keep remembering things I need for the feast that aren't food related like dish detergent, bleach, paper towels, garbage bags, food storage bags for leftovers, etc. I still need to make the hats for the kitchen staff, so I may make myself sit down and whip out about a dozen of those tomorrow. They don't take long. OH wait, my sewing machine is crapping out on me. Hmmm. OK, maybe I'll make myself sit down and figure out what is wrong with the sewing machine tomorrow and then whip out a dozen of those. My staff looks well put together (no there will not be a dozen people in the kitchen at one time!) and things are shaping up nicely for the class. The Crown won't be coming (darn it) but that will probably be a good thing seeing as we have lots of fairly new people who might freak if royalty was present "What do we do? What do we do?" :)

No comments: